Welcome to PBR.ONE (beta) #
I’m Lennart and over the past 3 years I have published more than 1000 materials for PBR rendering on ambientCG.com (formerly cc0textures.com). While doing this I noticed that - apart from Substance Designer tutorials - creating PBR materials from scratch is not covered by very many tutorials online in comparison to other fields like modeling or texturing. And the existing tutorials often focus on 1-click solutions which are fast, but don’t always create great results.
PBR.ONE aims to change this. I plan to document the workflows and techniques that I use when creating the assets for ambientCG on this website. All articles are listed in the sidebar.
The state of this website #
This website will grow over time. At the moment does not have all the information that I want to ultimately publish on here. Planned for the future are (among other things):
- An overview over the different PBR maps
- An article about the Substance Designer workflow in general
- Individual articles going into great detail about how one specific material was created instead of covering a general workflow.
Overview over the different sections #
Here is a short overview of what you can expect in the individual sections.
- What is ‘PBR’?
- What qualities does a material need to fulfil to be ‘good’?
- Individual articles that generally describe the different workflows
- Software-agnostic wherever possible (meaning you can use whatever tools you like/have access to)
- Tiling Techniques (Planned)
- Deep Dives
- Articles focussing on individual assets
- Editing timelapses
- Hardware and Software Index
- Hardware that I am using or have used in the past
- Software that I am using as well as possible alternatives (for example for other operating systems)