Welcome to PBR.ONE (beta) #
I’m Lennart and over the past 3 years I have published more than 1000 materials for PBR rendering on ambientCG.com (formerly cc0textures.com). While doing this I noticed that - apart from Substance Designer tutorials - creating PBR materials from scratch is not covered by very many tutorials online in comparison to other fields like modeling or texturing. And the existing tutorials often focus on 1-click solutions which are fast, but don’t always create great results.
PBR.ONE aims to change this. I plan to document the workflows and techniques that I use when creating the assets for ambientCG on this website. All articles are listed in the sidebar. Some articles are Patreon-exclusive. You can get access by pledging 5€ or more on Patreon. This will also give you early access to new materials and other assets before they get released on the ambientCG website. Thanks for your consideration!
The state of this website #
This website will grow over time. At the moment does not have all the information that I want to ultimately publish on here. Planned for the future are (among other things):
- An overview over the different PBR maps
- An article about the Substance Designer workflow in general
- Individual articles going into great detail about how one specific material was created instead of covering a general workflow (One of these kinds of articles is already available for patrons).
Overview over the different sections #
Here is a short overview of what you can expect in the individual sections.
- What is ‘PBR’?
- What qualities does a material need to fulfil to be ‘good’?
- Individual articles that generally describe the different workflows
- Software-agnostic wherever possible (meaning you can use whatever tools you like/have access to)
- Tiling Techniques (Planned)
- Deep Dives
- Articles focussing on individual assets
- Editing timelapses
- Hardware and Software Index
- Hardware that I am using or have used in the past
- Software that I am using as well as possible alternatives (for example for other operating systems)